1894 - St. Paul Luther Seminary students started a Sunday School in this community and conducted Services in vacant store buildings. Professor Ernst, Minnesota District President of Ohio Synod was asked to authorize mission work here.
1897 - Reverend W. Biessswanger was called as first pastor.
1898 - Congregation organized and incorporated as Saint Mark Evangelical Lutheran Congregation. Small chapel purchased and moved to corner of St. Clair and Duke. Lot on St. Clair and Richmond purchased, and chapel moved there and enlarged. Parsonage erected in rear of church.
1904 - Reverend W. Zimmerman served as pastor until 1906. Prof. Fiebke & Reverend Buerkle from Seminary served interim.
1911 - Reverend Paul E. Rick became next pastor. The weekly envelope system for weekly donations begun. The English language replaced German in usage.
1920 - The Campbellite Church at Leech and McBoal was purchased and remodeled for cost of $8,000. Parsonage remodeled, moved to former chapel site when it was sold. Pipe Organ installed for cost of $1,800.
1938 - Church entrance & kitchen remodeled. Release Time classes begun.
1941 - Rev. E. F. Staehling became next pastor. 1944 Sinking Fund, later changed to Building Fund authorized.
1946 - Rev. A. P. Doering became the pastor. In 1951-1954 lots purchased on corner of Goodhue & Ann.
1955 - Ground breaking services for new chu rch held in April.
1956 - Dedication Services on March 11. The total cost of the new church, including furnishing and site was $250,000.
1961 - Rev. H. C. Kaphingst became the pastor. Plans begun for adding art glass windows in church sanctuary.
1966 - Dedication services for tart glass windows held on the 10th Anniversary Celebration of Church.
1967 - Rev. H. K. Flathmann became the pastor. Church Pew kneelers installed and dedicated in
1969 – Fireside Room Fund authorized.
1970 - Mortgage Burning Service celebrated with three former pastors as guest speakers. Rev. R. White called as assistant pastor primarily for community ministry.
1972 - Refurbished Rick Memorial Chapel dedicated in March as the Rick Fireside Room. Parsonage Planning Committee authorized. Old parsonage sold.
1973 - New parsonage construction begun a 930 Randolph.
To be continued…